Account Director – Cloud Contact Centres
Reporting to: VP Sales, UK.
Description & Key Responsibilities
This role is dedicated to managing, growing and retaining key accounts for the client. The role is one of a team of 3 account managers, as part of the wider sales team of 8, based in London. The role will have a number of accounts allocated to it, with existing pipeline to take over. New accounts, as they are closed, will add to their portfolio.
The ideal candidate will bring proven account management skills in a solution-sale based B2B tech market, ideally the contact centre or a related vertical. Most importantly, they will aspire to work in a challenger company that is growing fast, and have the mental aptitude and maturity needed to be a first-class account manager.
- A farmer by attitude and motivation.
- They must understand and breathe solution – selling, understand what a value proposition is, and be able to articulate such to a customer.
- Their engagement should be at the business leader level and they should be able to produce evidence of such, as well as understanding the multiple roles required to be engaged in a solution sell of this nature.
- Own their accounts, be practised at account planning over a 3-year period, and adept at networking inside an account to grow our influence, access power and influencers, and tease out upsell and cross sell opportunities.
- Be scientific and cerebral in early-stage qualification of opportunities.
- Be adept at positioning themselves, and the client , as a solution-provider and partner.
- Know how to manage an opportunity from lead to close.
- Build a pipeline of min x 3 coverage their sales target.
- Independent networker, consultative approach but a team player.
- Be able to quickly establish key relationships with any new accounts.
- Be able to manage cross-functional teams – especially operations and support – to ensure our service levels and deliverables to are always second-to-none.
- Understand the market environment, the business challenges faced by customers, and be able to rationalise how The client and cloud offers the optimum range of solutions and benefits for those business challenges
- Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
- Be comfortable with presenting to senior managers and decision makers.
- Structured in succinct communication – verbal and written, on email and with proposals.
- Takes pride in the company, their image, and their work.
- Work closely with technical staff and product specialists inside The client where required to address customer requirements
- Develop and maintain account plans which outline how that account will be grown over the next 2 – 3 years.
- Keep notes on prospect and customer meetings, all contacts and ensure relevant systems are kept updated with such.
- Provide accurate forecasts on best case and most likely sales over relevant time periods
- Cultivate strong relationships with third party and partner companies that may be required to deliver full solutions to customers or can refer business to us, or resell our solution.
- Work closely with marketing to plan and execute a cadence of communication into their accounts in order to build and maintain our brand and stimulate new dialogues and opportunities.
- Actively engage as a peer of the UK team, contributing ideas and suggestions.
- Provide feedback to company management on market trends, competitive threats, unmet needs, and opportunities to deliver greater value to customers by extending company offerings
- Be a positive representative of the company and its brand in the marketplace
- Conduct all sales activities with the highest degree of professionalism and integrity
Skills & Experience
- A proven ‘farmer with min of 10 years’ experience of account management in a solution-based B2B tech environment, ideally SAAS, ideally in the CC market.
- Must be able to show experience of and ability to ‘solution-sell.’
- Must be able to show a record of sales targets and achievement, with named deals.
- Show senior business leader credibility – able to engage business leaders (c level), speak their language, engage with credibility, as well as being able to engage technical and operational roles (likely, key influencers in the decision cycle).
- A farmer, but a team player, with an aptitude to work in a ‘challenger’ company.
- Able to leverage their network in accounts for warm referrals to new business.
- Pragmatic self-starter.
- Proud. Professional. Polite.
- A commercial mind.
- Able to think ‘business’; data-driven, succinct and used to working in a sales operation led environment – ie pipeline forecasting, pipeline management, succinct reporting, qualification of opportunities etc.
Reporting Lines & interfaces
- Report to VP Sales, UK.
- Contract Full-time
- Notice 3 months each way
- Probationary period 6 months
- Salary range: £70k
- OTE £40k pa
- Benefits Group Pension, PMI, DIS.