asp.net (core) Software Developer)
Based: Sevenoaks, TN13
Our client are a small, Sevenoaks based software house focused in the insurance market place. They are a 10 person business and looking to expand their development team with a contract mid-level developer.
asp.net core (requied)
Web API (required)
Proficient in Microsoft C#, VB or Bot
- Proficient in Microsoft web technologies
- Comfortable with either C# or VB.net
- ASP.Net Web forms (will move towards Web API .Net Core, help with training for MS certs is on hand for that)
- Competent SQL Server developer (stored procedures, comfortable with joins)
- Any Web services/web API/SOAP/RESTful desirable for the integrations with other systems
- Version control software preferably Git.
Ideal front-end development skills:
Frameworks – Confident with angular or knockout, etc
Styling – Solid CSS3 skills and frameworks/libraries eg Bootstrap, Less, etc
TDD, BDD, eg nUnit, Selenium
Familiar enough with ASP.NET Web Forms (vb.net) to understand the legacy applications, and make changes.
We are looking to expand the team with a number of interesting and diverse projects. Initial work will be:
- Rewriting legacy applications to a fresh new platform. Likely C# Web API / MVC with a js framework such as angular
- Updating legacy asp.net applications to GDPR-compliance
- Several SAML 2 SSO integrations with internal and external applications
- Revamping / rebranding two public websites according to a third-party design spec.
- Some mobile development
The legacy applications have had a ten-year lifetime, were written by external providers and have recently been taken in-house.
- Attention to detail
- Takes pride in their work
- Enthusiastic, always willing to learn, able to demonstrate self-learning
- Able to empathise with the user to produce engaging software
- Comfortable working in a small team, for a small company with a large reach.
- Commutable to Sevenoaks
Competent SQL Server developer, (database design, stored procedures). Help will be on hand, so high proficiency with SQL server will not be needed
SAML 2.0 desirable, any multi-system integration experience desirable, web services/web API/SOAP/RESTful desirable
Version control software, preferably Git or TFS. Familiar with branching and merging.
Syntony is an employment agency working on behalf of client organisations to recruit personnel. In submitting your application you are giving us permission to retain and process your personal details and to contact you via the phone and email details you provide. You can amend this consent at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information: syntony.co.uk/gdpr