Full Stack Developer x2 (mid-level and senior)
Home based with office HQ just outside London
Salary: £40-60,000 depending on the level of person
The client: A genuinely excellent work environment; an employee focused firm, that while now a well-established and highly successful company valued at £100m – it still has the feel of a young and vibrant start up software development business, with an informal work environment, a super office set up and a strong sense of community.
Our Client are an award winning employer and are the UK’s leading provider of hosted / cloud IVR, Speech Recognition, Contact Centre and PCI Payment solutions. They are the largest provider of such hosted services in the UK with the infrastructure and scalability to handle up to 8,000 calls simultaneously, which means that calls will always be answered no matter how unpredictable the circumstances. Their customers include a cinema chain, Transport for London, Comic Relief, O2 and the Ministry of Justice.
As a seasoned developer, you will produce high quality Object Orientated code with minimal defects, from inception to fruition, using your knowledge of software engineering principles and best practice.
You will be working on a range of complex projects across their clients, that run on our Linux based voice & web platform.
Key responsibilities of the role include developing a range of projects, such as:
- Web service creation for consumption both internally and externally for voice, web & mobile channels
- Client & third party back end system integrations (REST / SOAP)
- Payment websites
- Complex multi-channel self-serve applications
- Internal and external customer facing tools (SPAs)
- Tools automation and testing (Docker, Jenkins)
You will be expected to work autonomously at times, grasp concepts quickly and communicate ideas and questions clearly with the team and project stakeholders. You will need to demonstrate a desire for continual learning and improvement.
Required technical skills
- Mastery of one or more Frameworks (Express, Zend, Symfony, Laravel, Angular etc.)
- Comfortable with version control (preferably GIT / Github)
- Mastery with the Linux command line (bash)
- Knowledge of designs patterns, SOLID, DRY, DI, etc
- HTML5, CSS SASS/LESS
- CI / CD, Jenkins
- Solution / architecture design
Advantageous knowledge & experience of one or more of the following:
- Web application security
- Test automation
- ML / AI