Senior Network Engineer – Cloud Infrastructure
Skills: CCNP, AWS, Azure, routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, WAN, SAN, CISCO, F5
Our client is a $Billion+ revenues international cloud services and software solutions specialist serving client in Telecommunications, Financial Services, Insurance, Utilities and the Public Sector. With many thousands of clients, over 4000 staff and 500+ people in the UK they are a high quality employer.
Skills & Duties
- Systems Engineering skills to install, configure and deploy network routers, firewalls, switches
- Support and implement a production multi-tenant architecture.
- Experience of 24×7 support for SaaS infrastructure and ASP infrastructure.
- Writing Documentation and deployment guides and maintenance preparation task lists.
- Network and security admin. using network equipment and software
- Prepare, review, test, and deploy network configuration and security software.
- Team contribution to the overall Infrastructure Cloud Operations working closely with teams in various locations and countries support business teams as needed.
- Work directly with internal and external customers to troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues regarding hosted performance, security, availability, and reliability.
- Maintaining and supporting Cisco, F5, and other network vendor hardware and software.
- Support and deploy IP networks and SAN.
- Design & test infrastructure encompassing routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, WAN, SAN.
- Solid understanding of Internet and WAN technologies and protocols and common processes
- There will be travel between main datacentres, offices, co-location facilities and worldwide locations plus periodic late evenings and weekends as required.
- Certified to CCNP Level and experience with AWS.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or other equivalent.
Remuneration: Competitive base salary with some flex on the advertised £50k – £55k range plus a good benefits package to include pension, life and health schemes.