Remuneration: Base salary range £40,000 – £50,000 plus Car Allowance of c. £5000 pa + benefits.
Ideal location: Officially home located (ideally between north Midlands and the Southern Home Counties)
Key Skills: Requirements Capture and Solution Design, Sales Support, Application Consultancy, Pre Sales Support, Technical Consultancy, Installation & Configuration
- Microsoft: Skype for Business, Contact Centre, SQL Server and associated MS technology infrastructure, Unified Communications, UC etc.
- Avaya Contact Centre and Desktop apps
- Contact Centre infrastructure and communications environment including UC, IVR, Dialler
Our client is a well-established international software house with several offices across Europe, the USA, and Australia. Their products and solutions enhance the functionality provided by Microsoft Unified Communications and Avaya products to empower organizations around the world to provide exceptional customer interaction experiences. In addition to their own software applications they also have a strong track record for professional services and consultancy delivery services. They operate almost exclusively via Channel Partners in the Microsoft Skype for Business and Avaya Aura Communications sectors. Typical applications include Contact Centres, CTI, IVR, Call Back Manager, Surveys, Auto Attendant, Unified Communications, Presence and IM. Channel Partners typically integrate their software apps into large complex solutions delivery (both CPE and Cloud / SaaS models) and in addition to the software licenses they deliver high levels of technical expertise and professional services around the Microsoft Skype for Business and Avaya Aura technology implementations.
Core purpose of the role:
The Product Consultant is responsible for providing a mixture of pre- and post- sales consultancy To and through Channel partners as the ‘Go To’ senior engineering technologist for our portfolio. Travel should be expected extensively in the UK, and less frequently to Ireland and North America. A Systems Engineering / Technical Consultancy core skill set combined with commercial and client facing skills is the ideal mix.
• Requirements capture, installing and configuring the above applications
• Provide support to the Sales team specifically around:
o Functionality clarifications during the Sales Cycle
o Provision and delivery of complex customised demonstrations of the product to show the value of the solution
• Assist with on boarding new partners – training and accreditation
• Participate in consultancy and training to gather requirements in order to create a functional design
• Work as a virtual member of our partners’ implementation and sales teams to provide Implementation support for solutions
• Work with Project Management to assist business delivery of assigned projects
• Training and assisting customers/partners to get the most of Software Applications
• On site management of “go live” to ensure a successful deployment and carry out UAT (User Acceptance Testing) as required.
• Configure identified applications to provide standard and bespoke software demonstrations.
• Work with Sales in on boarding new partners through providing training, education, accreditation and thought leadership around the products
• Personify the brand and service reputation in the unified communication and contact center market as a brand that is trusted, innovative, consistently delivering on promises, high quality and provides excellent customer service.
• Provide leadership to the internal virtual team to deliver ‘effortless’ interactions with our Channel Partners and end users
• Owns the UK demonstration capability and create use cases which effectively demonstrate our value proposition
• Provides a ‘can do’ approach to recruiting new partners and assists with on boarding, training and accreditation.
Technical knowledge of one of:
- Microsoft Skype for Business
- Avaya Solutions – specifically applications working with AES
- SIP telephony
- Experience of implementing contact centre applications