Senior Technical Consultant IT Services
Location(s): Home based but regular requirement to be in the Reading Office and on customer sites
Reporting to: Head Of Professional Services
• Technical consultants work with partners and customers across the technology portfolio designing, implementing and supporting solutions.
• The Technical Consultant (TC) will be required to provide technical consultation to customers, sales and presales on the technology we support and intend to include as a product going forward.
• The TC will provide a technical transition to new customers on a support only contract. This will involve site audits and creation of a new SPID.
• Support and Manage technical escalations from the Service Desk and the NOC as and when required.
• The role is a customer facing which requires the consultant to work with the customer and the NOC to achieve goals and resolutions.
• Mentor the NOC by conducting training and workshops on new and existing technology.
• Create and analyse documents required for operations. The Role will require the consultant to attend or chair workshops to create or amend existing documents required to improve processes in operations.
• Champion new technologies and products. The consultant will work with the product team to provide an operational perspective to a prospective product launch.
• Support post and pre sales activity in the design, development and implementation of network solutions and datacentre solutions
• Work with other members of the solutions team to solve the customers’ business problems
• Develop key relationships with technology vendors and partners
• Dynamic approach to work and technology
• Deliver high quality, profitable project services to time and budget
• Deliver consulting services to agreed Timescales and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to meet (and exceed) client expectations Key Responsibilities: (list key tasks, responsibilities, deliverables etc.)
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Technical Consultation to Sales, Presales and the customer base.
• Technical escalation support to the NOC and the Service Desk.
• Managing and maintaining the Lab.
• Creation and maintenance of Technical Pre-sales documentation, technical and operational documentation.
• Training and mentoring of the Service Desk/NOC and Professional Services.
• Technical audits.
• Root cause Analysis.
• Contribute to the Change Process (Part of the change board)
• Product Testing. Knowledge, Skills & Experience: (include generic, specific sector, people management, languages etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum MCSE and CCNA active qualifications.
• Excellent problem management skills.
• ITIL knowledgeable.
• Ability to present to a variety of technical audiences on a range of technical subjects.
• Good knowledge on SIP and IP communication.
• Good knowledge on contact centre technology.
• Exceptional knowledge on networks and security.
• In-depth knowledge VMware infrastructure design and implementation ideally experience of clustering, HA, DRS, Vmotion and SRM Vendor hardware accreditation for storage, blades or servers
• Extensive experience of delivering projects on the following technologies o Microsoft Core Infrastructure (AD, Server transformation\migration) o Systems Centre (SCCM, SCOM, SCVMM) o VMware o Cloud Migrations
• Experience of WAN implementation and support
• ITIL V3 Foundation accredited Personal attributes: You will need to be of a friendly, outgoing disposition and manage your own work load. You will also need to have excellent client facing and communication skills.
Professional Qualifications: Minimum to A Levels and CCNA, MCSE
Mobility Requirements: (requirement for national/international travel, overseas assignments) Must have a clean driving license, passport and be able to travel.