Presales Specialist – Data Communications
Based Devon or surrounding, c. 1hr commutable of Exeter
Salary: to c. £45,000 + company car + benefits.
The key aim of this role is to support the field and office based sales team in the design and presentation of proposed solutions. This is a technical and commercially focused role that involves working with our prospective customers and our installed base as well as with internal departments.
As a senior member of the Presales team, you will be the lead presales on nominated products/technologies, as well as cross training to provide support on other products as required. The focus of the role is for a data communication’s specialist on LAN, WLAN, WLAN and security solutions.
- Provide technical support, information and documentation to sales staff developing customer proposals
- Liaise closely with senior engineers / TDA team in regard to design of solutions
- Support field sales in customer meetings as required and assist with technical presentations and demonstrations to prospective clients. This could involve liaising with customer IT teams to understand their ICT environment and how that will influence the proposed solution.
- Provide high level design for opportunities, as well as low level design documentation on larger or more complex opportunities
- Provide bill of materials for solution and liaise with suppliers as required
- Complete technical sign off on solutions sold by the field sales team
- Attend internal project handover meeting to facilitate a smooth transition of new orders from sales to project management
- Assist bid team as required in responding to RFI/RFP requests
- Assist other departments as required, should issues arise during equipment ordering and installation process
- To liaise with manufacturer and technical support teams to endeavour to resolve any technical matters that could be a threat to the sale
- Provide sales staff with product training to ensure that the sales team have a comprehensive understanding of our product portfolio and are self-sufficient where possible
- Attend manufacturer Presales events as required and communicate information to relevant staff.
Key experience and requirements
- CCNP/CCDP or equivalent experience
- 3+ years presales experience of designing LAN, WLAN, WAN and firewall/security appliances.
- 3+ years’ experience of deploying LAN, WLAN, WAN and firewall/security appliances.
- Cisco and Cisco Meraki experience preferred
- Ability to understand customers business needs/objectives and design a solution to meet those needs
- Ability to present complex solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent customer presentation and training presentation skills
- Desire to understand relevant new technologies as they come to market and also a keen interest in the continued development of your technical skill set