Client facing Software Project Manager
Salary: £50-60,000 + bonus + benefits
Our client is an AIM listed software house. The are c. 20m turnover across the group, profitable, with cash in the bank. The offer a range of products all focused around customer experience management and improvement space, and boast a number of household name companies using their solutions.
Due to fast expansion they are looking for 2 Project managers to lead their software implementation projects.
You must have experience of managing scrum teams and you must have experience of client facing / expectation handling. You will be responsible for the project delivery of solutions to end users, to agreed specification, time, and budget.
You will be accountable for:
• Delivery of the contract including project accounting, invoicing, billing etc.
• Working cross functionality within the business and in collaboration with the customer to identify, manage and remedy any risks, issues, dependencies or blockers.
• Maintaining a constant line of communication with the senior leadership team.
• Should an issue require escalation, you are responsible for resolution in the appropriate channel.
• Looking beyond the bounds of team’s working environment to solve problems, on a regular basis.
• Tracking of the relevant project metrics. These are predominantly burn down charts, velocity reports, release planning and defect metrics.
• Communicating the team’s output to internal and external stakeholder groups at demos.
• Reporting status and key metrics both to the wider organisation and back to the team as a feedback mechanism.
• Taking responsibility of budget management including appropriate escalation, where required.
• Ensuring project governance is adhered to and any remedial actions are completed in a timely fashion.
As an Agile Project Manager you should be able to:
• Create a development environment that is creative, safe, productive and supportive and enables multi-direction collaboration.
• Help the product owners understand and adhere to scrum techniques and practices while ensuring consistent, sustainable delivery.
• Facilitate various Scrum ceremonies.
• Provide guidance, coaching, support and facilitation to the team.
• Support individual efforts, address any issues that arise, and remove obstacles to help individuals be focused and productive.
• Ensure team members have all the resources necessary to do their job.
• Shield the team from distractions.
• Ensure that the team has solid processes and good discipline in place.
• Ensure that the team drive their deliveries with quality, innovation and customer satisfaction at heart.
• Able to facilitate discussions in and outside of team.
You will be great in this role if you:
• Are a confident communicator, with both technical and non-technical people. Have the gravitas to inspire your teams, and help coach and mentor less experienced members.
• Are comfortable in working in a transforming environment where some teams work agile and others work to other methodologies such as waterfall.
• Make customer-oriented decisions and shares great stories of exceptional customer service.
• Knowledge of Agile Software development processes.
• Has had some exposure to Agile and/or experience of working with co-located and distributed teams.
• Good communication and collaboration skills.
• Self-starter with a proactive attitude.
• Experience of some agile methodologies e.g. Scrum or Kanban.
• Any Scrum Master Certification.
Syntony is an employment agency working on behalf of client organisations to recruit personnel. In submitting your application you are giving us permission to retain and process your personal details and to contact you via the phone and email details you provide. You can amend this consent at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information: syntony.co.uk/gdpr