Content Marketing Manager
The client is an international software and systems house with some 600+ staff and operations in 6 countries. They are the developer of the leading operating system for container, cloud, and hyperscale computing. The majority of public cloud workloads and large-scale private cloud deployments use their systems software / operating system and is the preferred choice to develop and run applications such as AI or blockchain and leading in IoT with new smart gateways, self-driving cars and advanced robots being developed.
The Marketing team is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to manage and drive the creation of engaging, optimised content to generate leads and interest. Working with the Product Management and Engineering teams, create content relevant to a range of audiences from CIOs to developers to increase the adoption of our OS and our commercial services. Good travel opportunities, predominantly to the US and Europe.
- Develop and management of content roadmaps per product, working with Product Management teams.
- Manage the end to end process of content including the design, promotion and production of whitepapers, webinars, case studies, videos and blogs.
- Understand, refine and clearly articulate compelling messaging, differentiation and positioning of our software products. Ensure consistency of messaging internally, as well as with all external communications.
- Writing of content directly or working with 3rd party copywriters to ensure writing to a high standard.
- Creation and distribution of monthly newsletter to large customer database.
- Understanding of SEO to ensure all content is optimised for discovery on relevant topics, working with the digital marketing team to align on keywords.
- Management and analysis of content performance using tools such as Google Analytics and SalesForce.
- Track and consolidate customer feedback, market data, and competitive solutions to ensure the creation of a differentiated offering aligned to the market.
- Work with external customers and community members to create ‘better together’ stories and case studies that are concise and compelling.
- May attend industry-related events as a representative of the organisation.
Required skills and experience:
- Strong content and wider marketing background with ability to understand how content can be used across different channels.
- 3-5 years experience in product marketing or product management for Cloud, IoT or SaaS products
- Understanding of the common technical jargon of the IT infrastructure, cloud and DevOps space
- Savvy and creative individual with an exceptionally strong strategic mindset and bias towards execution.
- Ability to explain complex topics clearly and concisely
- Superior English-language communication skills both oral and written;
- Ability to work in a globally-distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation in a startup-like environment
- Ability to guide purpose-built content and documents from beginning to end with excellent project management skills.
- Strong understanding of SEO and knowledge of how to optimise and measure content accordingly.
- Ability to build relationships with and influence other functional areas as well as external entities.
- Motivated with the ability to manage a diverse team of content producers even when they don’t report directly to you
- Record of success in a fast-moving, technical environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Presales or sales experience
- System management experience
- Fluency in other languages.
To apply please send your CV (Word attachment) to our consultant Justin Kelsey at Syntony (Search & Selection) Ltd