Our client is one of the UK’s leading providers of voice solutions including call recording, WFO / workforce management, quality monitoring, and Speech Analytics. They are 25 years old, and have offices in Middlesex. They work with a number of suppliers, and also develop their own solutions. They have a strong track record in the Financial services / banking space, contact centres, and several central government areas.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic DevOps Engineer with strong automation experience to join our Software Development team. In this role, you will work collaboratively with skilled developers to deploy and maintain our systems. Help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for fully automated software deployment, monitoring, alerts and operations. You will also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues in our dev, test and client production environments. You understand the Agile Scrum Framework, not only what works but why; You are able to pragmatically follow those principles to deliver the right solutions for the business.
Alongside your experience, attitude is a key factor. We want someone who enjoys their work, a willingness to muck in when needed, to push for the things you believe need to be done, a belief that constant small improvements are an essential element of successful software development are important to us. We are keen to work with someone who enjoys both learning and mentoring other team members, and most importantly supporting the team to constantly improve.
Our product set is within the Work Force Optimisation domain, with a focus on Compliance within Financial Services.
Skills, Experience and Attributes Required
Suitable candidates would have a strong track record working within a team of technologists with full life-cycle project participation and delivery.
The following are essential:
- Azure expertise (AWS experience a plus)
- CI/CD – build and maintain Jenkins pipelines including configuration
- Experience using Terraform for automation/configuration management
- Strong experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Chef and Ansible
- Experience in automated deployment of multi-node systems
- Worked with a range of SQL and NoSQL databases; MongoDB is especially relevant.
- Strong experience of the ELK stack: Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana
- Ability to wrestle with large datasets; you will need to build pipelines with billions of records in Mongo
- Good experience of GitHub
- Practical experience with multiple scripting languages
- Rest API experience
- Security – certificate implementation and renewal
- Test automation experience
- Ability to lead technical discussions with senior company executives that drive decisions and implementation approaches
- Autonomous, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal guidance
- Mentoring of other DevOps Engineers
- Experience working with offshore team members within an Agile Scrum process framework
- Good practical experience of using Jira and Confluence
- Understanding of solution trade-offs such as cost, scope, timescale, and balance between long-term strategic and short-term pragmatic considerations
- Quick learner, able to understand highly complex requirements and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Varying degrees of expertise in these would be expected:
- Experience across the full SDLC
- Build pipelines running integration/unit tests and producing status reports
- Good broad understanding of coding language e.g. C#, Java
- Understanding of compilers e.g. MSBuild
- Experience with distributed message-broker or stream processing software (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Security – knowledge of a number of practices, e.g. SSH/ SSL/ TLS etc.
- Networking – knowledge of routing and protocols, including network design best practices including security
In addition, the following would be desirable:
- Microservices, Kubernetes, Docker experience