Redhat / CentOs Engineer
Salary: To c. £35,000 base + on-call, overtime and benefits.
Our client is a $200m+ turnover NASDAQ quoted software house with operations throughout EMEA. For one of their acquired companies they are looking to recruit an engineer to work with their hosted platforms.
You must have experience of Redhat (Red Hat) or CentOS (Cent OS) and then a good mix of the skills below. Due to the travel requirements for the role, you must be eligle to travel and work throughout EMEA.
- Experience in a web hosting environment (LAMP stack would be great)
- Redhat / CentOS skills / certification
- MySQL DBA skills
- Xen and VMWare technologies
- Microsoft Windows server
- Either having achieved, or be actively working towards Oracle DBA certification
- Web Technologies (Inc. Liferay, Apache, IIS & Tomcat)
- Linux Administration and setup experience (Red Hat/CentOS)
- Storage Area Networks (esp EMC)
- Network infrastructure components and cabling (Hardware, VLANs)
- Network security, both concepts and hardware (firewalls, ISO27001, etc)
- Firewall management, specifically Checkpoint
- Microsoft Exchange server & Outlook
- Oracle Standard & Enterprise (ideally Oracle DBA certification), inc Partitioning and RMAN.
- Microsoft SQL server
- LAMP Stack
- Virtualised hosting management (AWS, Azure etc)
- MongoDB install and configuration
- EMC SAN technologies
- Wireless networking
- Microsoft Systems Update Services
Backup systems, esp EMC Data Domain, inc offsite replication