Lead Automation Software Tester
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: c. £50,000 per annum+ benefits.
A genuinely excellent work environment; an employee focused firm, that while now a well-established and highly successful company valued at £100m – it still has the feel of a young and vibrant start up software development business, with an informal work environment, a super office set up and a strong sense of community.
Our Client are an award winning employer and are the UK’s leading provider of hosted / cloud IVR, Speech Recognition, Contact Centre and PCI Payment solutions. They are the largest provider of such hosted services in the UK with the infrastructure and scalability to handle up to 8,000 calls simultaneously, which means that calls will always be answered no matter how unpredictable the circumstances. Their customers include a cinema chain, Transport for London, Comic Relief, O2 and the Ministry of Justice.
We are moving from primarily manual testing to test automation of our websites, mobile apps, speech systems and web service APIs. The experience you bring, from roles at other software companies, will help shape our testing processes & procedures and provide input for continual improvements.
To succeed in this role, you will inspire our team of four QA Testers through your technical expertise and broad testing experience. We will support you in cultivating an environment where our QA team can learn and grow within their roles.
You will work closely with our development, project management and account management teams. The support you provide to our account & project management teams will help them develop and maintain key business relationships with clients in understanding quality issues. Where appropriate you will attend client conference calls and collaborate with client QA teams to support this goal.
- You will have extensive experience in previous Test Lead roles covering both manual and automated testing methods
- Must have experience of creating automated test suites (any: Selenium / SOAP UI / JMeter / Appium).
- Experience of testing web applications and web services (REST / SOAP).
- Experience of mentoring team members on processes, methods and tools.
- Demonstrate creativity, tenacity and attention to detail when testing, recording results, logging and tracking issues to resolution.
- Experience of driving and delivering on departmental strategies
- Experience of SQL and writing queries to retrieve information from databases.
- Experience of Jira and XRAY
- Familiarity with the Linux command line.
- Familiarity with GitHub or other version control systems.
- ISTQB certified to an Intermediate level or higher.
Syntony is an employment agency working on behalf of client organisations to recruit personnel. In submitting your application you are giving us permission to retain and process your personal details and to contact you via the phone and email details you provide. You can amend this consent at any time by email to email@example.com. For more information: syntony.co.uk/gdpr