LINUX Operations Engineer
Skills: LINUX, Debian, Redhat,SQL Scripting, Bash, Python, AWS, AZURE, Google Cloud, grep, vi, awk, sed, Linux systems administrator
Our client is a $Billion+ revenues international cloud services and software solutions specialist serving client in Telecommunications, Financial Services, Insurance, Utilities and the Public Sector. With many thousands of clients, over 4000 staff and 500+ people in the UK they are a high quality employer.
Skills & Duties
- Perform application integration on client environments
- For orchestration, create procedures using Linux scripting tools and Orchestration tools
- Liaise with R&D and production On-Boarding team
- Provide Level 3 support to production operations
- Solid knowledge of public cloud services such as AWS or AZURE / Google Cloud
- The role requires a creative, analytical thinker with Demonstrable capability in Linux Scripting and supporting skills in SQL and Scripting i.e. bash and Python
- Good understanding of system tools and automating Linux system tasks e.g. grep, vi, awk, sed etc.
- Use of Scheduling systems and process Orchestration
- Operational requirement evaluation and mapping solutions and services
- Handling multiple projects at one time. Good team communication skills combined with a flexible approach and ability to work in a pressure tight deadline environment
Remuneration: Competitive base salary with some flex on the advertised £50k – £55k range plus a good benefits package to include pension, life and health schemes.