Load and Performance Test Engineer
Salary: £40-50,000 + car allowance + Benefits.
Job Title: Load and Performance Test Engineer
Our client is a several hundred million turnover NASDAQ quoted Canadian Software house in the customer interaction technology space. They are based just outside Reading. There us some requirement to travel throughout Europe for this role, so we need someone with current right to work throughout Europe.
We are seeking a technical and self-motivated technical Load & Performance Test Engineer to join our QA team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of planning, designing, executing, monitoring and trouble-shooting Load & Performance test projects around Call Centre software and be capable of test planning by assessing the different features, risks and customer environments. This exciting opportunity is open to pro-active, enthusiastic and talented software testers with strong passion for quality.
This person must have previous experience of load & performance testing, analysing the system requirements for performance attributes and understanding of how to use the architecture, requirement and design documents to write load test plan. The ability to create Usage and Traffic Models is a must, as well as how to write code, design load scenarios and scripts using a variety of load & performance tools, in order to find failures in the software.
- Participate in design process to understand, analyse and influence the application/service/system to be tested
- Identify the risks and appropriate load test coverage to validate new features as well as the load regression, and develop load test plans, models, scripts and scenarios with their monitored KPIs as required
- Be able to write code in C, Java or C#, in order to create the load scenarios.
- Install and configure the system accordingly
- Execute test cases in automated fashion, capture and analyse the results, document issues and prepare test reports
- Perform Stability, Stress, and Reliability Test of the system and its components, taking care to cover all the required test level
- Measure the KPIs
- Managing the versions of the load scripts and scenarios using CM tools
- Use the Defect Tracking tools
- Analyse and identify the issues found during testing, either work with the QA teams and/or the R&D teams to diagnose them
- Understand the business aspects, as well as the ways the customers are using the system; and check if the system is performing as it should have been.
Knowledge and experience in Client / server MICROSOFT environment
- Experience in writing test documents
- Extensive knowledge of testing methodologies and tools
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment which can be changed frequently
- Knowledge of programming (e.g. C#, Java etc.), scripting (Perl, Bash etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Load & Performance and/or programming
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years or equivalent experience in a software quality assurance role
- Experience with LoadRunner and/or JMeter
- Experience with SIP
- IT, Networking, Telephony experience
- Call Centre experience
- VMWare and/or Hyper-V environment knowledge and experience
- ISTQB Certification
- Knowledge of VOIP
- Knowledge of MSSQL server
- Relevant Academic Degree