Marketing Content & Event Co-ordinator
Salary range: £30,000-£40,000
Our client is an innovative International software house with c. 100 UK staff and they have tripled in employee size in last 5 years and plan a net 10% staff increase in the UK this summer. The UK the Marketing department is currently 6 strong with an additional 3 roles being recruited before end of 2018 to reflect the firms dynamic growth plans in the UK and also in the USA and backed by record numbers of new logo accounts this FY and record revenue levels.
- Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Marketing Content & Event Co-ordinator will be responsible for planning and executing on in-house and sponsored events, copy-writing and proof reading and supporting the wider Marketing Team in executing campaigns outlined in the Marketing Plan.
- Leading the planning and implementation of in-house events and key industry events.
- Maintaining the integrity of the brand through established marketing guidelines.
- Liaising with the Business Development, Field Sales, Account Managers and whomever else appropriate to ensure everyone is aligned on plans and desired outcomes
- Where appropriate sourcing appropriate collateral and supporting materials for the event
- Where appropriate co-ordinating accommodation for those attending events (key personnel)
- Competent budget management
- Ensuring all campaign material has appropriate sign off and is produced to a high quality.
- Delivering highly impactful, creative content that both builds the brand and retains engagement. This would include (but is not limited to) eBooks, Product collateral, emails, customer comms, the corporate website, microsites and video case studies.
- Ensuring a consistent standard of copy is embraced across the company and acting as a brand ambassador across departments to ensure quality control
- Supporting the Account Management team with customer launch days.
- Managing stock levels of branded goodies and collateral.
- Creativity – The ability and willingness to generate new ideas and to recognise and build on others
- Customer Orientation – The ability to recognise both internal and external customers, the willingness to cooperate with them fully in order to help them achieve their objectives and the ability to engender this culture throughout the team and influence other divisions
- Adaptability – The ability to maintain effectiveness in a changing environment and the willingness to respond quickly and positively to change
- Analysis – The ability to gather relevant information, reason from cause to effect and generate effective solutions to commercial issues – taking into account all variables
- Organising work – The ability to marshal and manage resources (people, funding, materials and support) to achieve a project or task. Able to manage own time efficiently and to handle multiple activities in parallel to accomplish the goals
- Achievement orientation – The determination to perform at the highest standard, aiming to exceed norms and expectation
- Communication – The ability to speak and write so as to be clearly understood by others, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, style and tone of voice
- Self confidence – The ability to make a positive impact and to maintain a credible position with others on an ongoing basis
- Initiative – The willingness to move things forward by taking action without needing to be asked and due escalation
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in an internal or external marketing role
- Competency in Adobe Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven event management skills
- Experience of using social channels to expand and build audiences
Syntony is an employment agency working on behalf of client organisations to recruit personnel. In submitting your application you are giving us permission to retain and process your personal details and to contact you via the phone and email details you provide. You can amend this consent at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information: syntony.co.uk/gdpr