Pre Sales Solution Architect
Salary range: £58,000 – £75,000 and Bonus £5,000 – £10,000
Based: London with flexibility on home working
Our client is a leading provider of ‘Cloud’ / SaaS based Contact Centre and Telephony solutions. They are an international company, 300+ employees and established 15 years. They have a substantial client base with 1,000+ clients for hosted, SaaS, Cloud solutions in Europe and in the UK they have been established for several years and now have 80+ clients. The UK client base includes leading mid corporate and enterprise firms, call centre outsourcing companies, retail and ‘high street’ brand names with the largest single client having over 600 agent licenses.
This role is dedicated to providing technical Pre Sales Consultancy, Solution Design and Technical Architecture to the sales team, designing / advising and agreeing the solution (and spec.), being the local point of knowledge and guidance on the existing and evolving offering and providing solution expertise to the customer as needed. The role is one of a team of 4 in the UK (10 in the team across Europe all reporting to the UK Manager) with a London office base although they do also have remote / home working, providing support to the Account and New Business sales team.
The ideal candidate will bring proven technical and solution design skills in a solution-sale based B2B tech market, ideally the contact centre or a related vertical with an appreciation of the architecture and integration of recognised enterprise voice and/or unified communications platforms. As importantly, they will be ‘customer facing’ – able to present with gravitas complex technical solutions, join the dots between technology and the business benefit, manage customer expectations and establish and maintain technical credibility.
- Support sales team and customers in documenting and understanding voice architecture integration including underlying transport layers.
- Provide pre-sales technical and solution support and own the design of the solution.
- Support sales with tech information and insight, advice, demos, solution architecting, best practise, innovative ideas etc during pre-sales phase to ensure we are crafting a winning solution for the opportunity that gains mindshare and credibility.
- Be able to produce HLD / LLD and Solution Design Documents (SDD) that capture all the aspects of the solution desired by the customer
Act as single point of contact for guidance and information on our products and solutions, including a good awareness of roadmap developments.
- With diplomacy and tact, input into the product function UK market-validated feedback and guidance
- Lead technical responses to RFI’s, tenders etc,
- Build strong internal relations across various departments – locally and with Products, Operations and other key departments.
- Champion solutions that deliver customer requirements and offer the future-proof platforms.
- Act as solution architect for proposals, tenders and offers etc and own the solution design.
- Develop and agree final solution design with customer, getting sign off from all relevant stakeholders.
- Design winning (technical & commercial) solutions together with customer and sales lead.
Skills & Experience
- At least 7+ years experience – from CC, telecom or IT industry.
- Experience with at least 1 enterprise voice, contact centre or unified communications platform
- Technical Knowledge of voice (SIP/Voip) routing, SIP trunking (Enterprise and Carrier), SBC Capability
- Appreciation of WAN and LAN IP Networking
- Confident and adept at presenting and engaging with customers.
- Comfortable with assisting engagements at C level and also at detailed technical level – must be able to, or have the aptitude to, engage credibly across these multiple stakeholders, with a nuanced dialogue for each and ‘own’ the technical relationship.
- Be able to establish influence over cross-functional teams – internal and external – especially operations and support and client teams/
- Salary range: £58,000 – £75,000 and Bonus £5,000 – £10,000
Syntony is an employment agency working on behalf of client organisations to recruit personnel. In submitting your application you are giving us permission to retain and process your personal details and to contact you via the phone and email details you provide. You can amend this consent at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information: syntony.co.uk/gdpr