Senior Technical Consultant Voice
Location(s): Normally home based but regular requirement to be in the Reading Office and on customer sites
Reporting to: Head Of Professional Services
Voice Applications, including ACD and Voicemail, Modular Messaging , Call logging, Voice recording, WFO, Contact Centre, Diallers, IVR. Good knowledge on contact centre technology.
• Technical consultants work with partners and customers across the technology portfolio designing, implementing and supporting solutions.
• The Technical Consultant (TC) will be required to provide technical consultation to customers, sales and presales on the technology we support and intend to include as a product going forward.
• The TC will provide a technical transition to new customers on a support only contract. This will involve site audits and creation of a new SPID.
• Support and Manage technical escalations from the Service Desk and the NOC as and when required.
• The role is a customer facing which requires the consultant to work with the customer and the NOC to achieve goals and resolutions.
• Mentor the NOC by conducting training and workshops on new and existing technology.
• Create and analyse documents required for operations. The role will require the consultant to attend or chair workshops to create or amend existing documents required to improve processes in operations.
• Champion new technologies and products. The consultant will work with the product team to provide an operational perspective to a prospective product launch.
• Support post and pre sales activity in the design, development and implementation of network solutions and datacentre solutions
• Work with other members of the solutions team to solve the customers’ business problems
• Develop key relationships with technology vendors and partners
• Take a personal interest to help grow and develop the operations business
• Dynamic approach to work and technology
• Deliver high quality, profitable project services to time and budget
• Deliver consulting services to agreed Timescales and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to meet (and exceed) client expectations
Duties & Responsibilities:
The core activities of this role include:
• Technical Consultation to Sales, Presales and the customer base.
• Technical escalation support to the NOC and the Service Desk.
• Managing and maintaining the Lab.
• Creation and maintenance of Technical Pre-sales documentation, technical and operational documentation.
• Training and mentoring of the Service Desk/NOC and Professional Services.
• Technical audits.
• Root cause Analysis.
• Contribute to the IPI Change Process (Part of the change board)
• Product Testing.
• SIP design, implementation and fault finding experience of SIP technologies
• Voice Applications, including ACD and Voicemail, Modular Messaging , Call logging, Voice recording, WFO, Contact Centre, Diallers, IVR
• Good knowledge on contact centre technology.
• IP Networking experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum ACSS qualification.
• Excellent problem management skills.
• ITIL knowledgeable.
• Ability to present to a variety of technical audiences on a range of technical subjects.
• Virtualisation experience, VMware technologies
• Good understanding of complexities involved in deployment of complex UC and VOIP architectures
• Fair knowledge on networks and security.
• Enthusiasm to learn and champion new technologies.
• Work under high pressure with minimal supervision.
• Minimum academic level required: A-Level Ideal academic level preferred: Diploma or Degree Professional Qualifications: CCNA, ACSS,ITIL Mobility Requirements: (requirement for national/international travel, overseas assignments) Must have a clean driving license, passport and be able to travel.