Support Engineer – London
Salary £35-40,000 + Benefits
Our client is a 50 person voice and reseller with a London office, Irish HQ and international offices in the US. They have clients in 37 countries working with a partner network to support them.
They are looking for a support engineer with a good fundamental background in IT Support, who they can then train up in the networking and IPT areas that they focus on.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to start or progress their technology career with an established, ambitious and growing international systems integrator. At a high level the responsibilities of the role include:
Troubleshooting technical issues on all client supported systems and related equipment
Liaising with customers and vendor partners on the diagnosis and resolution technical issues
Accurately logging information on Capstone’s internal systems to allow the service delivery team report to our clients on service performance and SLA compliance
Scoping and completing remote change requests and small projects for clients
Acquiring and maintaining a strong working knowledge of Capstone’s client base, their supported technologies, and common issues and fixes.
While training will be provided to the successful applicant, the ideal candidate should demonstrate the following skills:
- Some basic voice knowledge
- Networking and data in relation to voice
- Hosting and virtualization software such as VMware
- A working knowledge/qualification in:
- Networking – LAN, WAN, SD-WAN, Wireless
- Unified Communications – on-premise/cloud
- Contact Center Solutions – Routing, Reporting, WFO
- Security – Firewall, SBC
- Connectivity – SIP, MPLS
- Cloud Services -AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High-quality document writing & literacy skills
- Good knowledge of support desk processes, tools, and metrics
- A fanatical focus on customer service
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Ambitious with the drive and commitment to succeed and be willing to work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Organised with a focus on problem-solving