Systems & Applications Support Engineer
Remuneration: Expected base salary range £35,000 – £55,000
Location: Home located anywhere in the UK, or USA
Special conditions: This role supports UK and USA (Eastern time zone) clients and so you will be required to contribute to a 3 week ‘on-call’ rota as part of a team of 5, reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Operations located in the UK.
Summary: Our client is a UK founded business that has particular skills and focus on the IVR, Self-Service, AI, Conversational Chat bot and CX (Customer Experience) sectors. This Support Engineer role is part of a small team with members located in the UK and USA and reporting to the Head of Infrastructure operations. Your role is that of providing full technical, engineering, infrastructure and applications support to corporate clients in a variety of commercial industry sectors and Telco. Carriers. The role covers all aspects of system administration, system integration, monitoring, reporting and customer support, from patching operating systems, through application configuration, to providing excellent customer support on a mixture of hosted, on premise and cloud-based IVR platforms and multi-modal applications. Iterative improvements and evolution of all processes will become part of day to day work routine, and we love automation. The role also involves providing out of hours on-call support in rotation with other members of the team. Here’s what the client is looking for in the ideal candidate (with the realisation that the person hired will not have all of this immediately:
Strongly Desired Skills
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Docker
- Knowledge of AWS
- An understanding of networking, Java, databases
- An understanding of Atlassian’s Confluence and JIRA.
- An understanding of Ticket handling and Processes (Freshdesk.com).
- Knowing how to get around Linux via ssh.
- An understanding of telephony
- The ability to learn quickly in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong communication skills with experience of talking to external customers both over e-mail and on the telephone.
- Strong organisational skills.
- The ability to follow instructions accurately.
- The ability to work on your own (from home for example) in a professional manner.
- Have worked in a business as usual capacity on enterprise networks
- Ability to install software on and off-site for internal and external customers.
- Ability to analyse, adopt and implement tools & procedures to provide automation in application deployment and release cycle.
- Install, run, maintain and document automated QA routines synchronised to the release cycle.
- Help internal and external customers to resolve problems and requests.
- Controlling and securing the test, production and hosted environments.
- Network and network security setup, maintenance, configuration and support.
- Firewall setup, maintenance, configuration and support.
- General configuration and maintenance of our other IT infrastructure.
- Be able to prioritise work in order to (a) maintain operations; and (b) meet deadlines.