TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Systems Engineer – Call Recording – Verint, NICE Systems, Red Box Recorders
Location: Home located, covering North and Scotland, ideally commutable to Edinburgh
Salary: £27-36,000 + Benefits
A highly successful and well known leading independent provider of voice technology including call recording, quality monitoring, workforce management, speech analytics and other related products. We’ve been established for 25 years and have offices in Isleworth, the City of London and Scotland. We design, implement and support our solutions and work with major manufacturers as well as develop our own solutions. They operate in a number of key markets:
- Call Centres:
- UK Air Traffic Control:
What are we looking for?
We are recruiting for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to be part of its Northern / Scotland Support Team based from home.
- The main purpose of this role is to provide field support to our customer base, installing, configuring and maintaining the company’s range of products.
- This role will primarily be supporting customers in the North, however, there will be requirements to cover sites around the UK.
- We are looking for someone with proven IT support skills covering as wide a range of technologies as possible but are primarily looking for the right mind set – a logical thinker who can analyse, diagnose and resolve issues with minimal assistance.
- Standard hours of work will be 09:00 to 17:30 and you will be expected to work a reasonable amount of regular paid overtime. In addition, once the appropriate level of experience and skills had been gained, you would be expected to take part in a 24-hour support on-call rota.
Who do we want to hear from?
- Bright, self-motivated customer-facing Engineers with the confidence to deal with external customers on a daily basis. In addition, the following attributes, skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within an IT field support role (external customer facing)
- Excellent hardware skills – building, installing and maintaining servers.
- Excellent software skills – installation and configuration of operating systems on both desktop and servers including Windows XP, Windows 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012.
- Excellent networking skills – installation of servers and troubleshooting
- Excellent proven problem solving skills.
- Desirable skills include Virtualisation, Microsoft SQL, Clustering knowledge, some basic programming skills in languages would also be of benefit. As our core product suites are related to call recording and WFO solutions, any experience supporting products such as NICE, Redbox, Verint as well as general telephony and VoIP knowledge would also be of interest to us.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Current UK Driving License.
- Flexible attitude to work – prepared to work overtime and travel to customer sites throughout the UK and Europe staying overnight when required and participate in a 24 hour support rota. There may be international travel opportunities and flexibility of staying away for periods of time is required.
What’s in it for you?
To work for a medium-sized privately owned company with a friendly and supportive culture where you can sense a genuine passion amongst employees to deliver great solutions and continue to grow the brand.
A competitive salary and benefits:
- Circ. £28,000 – £35,000 per annum basic, depending on skills and experience
- Car allowance £5000 per annum
- Annual leave starting at 22 days, with incremental stages to increase to a maximum of 27 days (plus bank holidays), life insurance, matched contribution pension up to 5%, private medical cover and childcare vouchers.