Technical Support Engineer
Based – Reading
Software Applications portfolio: Cloud Contact Centres solutions
Our client is a highly successful International software house focusing on Customer Interaction, Contact Centre, Networking and Unified Communications applications. USA HQ with over 1200+ worldwide employees, European HQ in Reading + 8 European countries.
Reporting into the Technical Support Manager, you will be part of a team of 15 highly experienced engineers based in 4 international offices providing Tier 3 and Tier 4 levels of technical support to clients of our hugely successful Cloud Contact Centre platforms. The role supports our products, systems implementation, application management and advanced troubleshooting. The role carries a requirement to communicate externally with Partners and end Customers, Internally with various departments at all levels and in several country locations. This is a big, complex enterprise level solution and is deployed at some of the very largest clients including major Telco Operators and Enterprise end users.
- Respond appropriately to Technical Support requests via telephone and email from our resellers and customers.
- Triage and assess in a timely manner and plan proactive investigations of faults through to resolution. To always, ensure that the customer experience is forefront in your mind and that timescales and expectations are set and met appropriately in line with SLA.
- Provide hands-on technical support & trouble shooting VOIP applications/issues.
- Identify the root causes of multiple alarm and fault indications.
- You will be an integral part of the Development Support Process owned by the Technical Support Manager. Therefore, you must ensure all issues escalated through this process are managed closely via structured process and daily updates.
- Provide an advanced level of analysis of logs and traces to establish root cause.
- Replication of symptoms and faults in lab environment.
- Ensure trouble tickets are updated regularly as well as keeping customers/partners updated on fault resolution progress at all times.
- You may from time-to-time be required to participate in Partner Service Reviews lead by CS Managers to assist with developing Key Relationships.
- Write technical reports on critical service affecting incidents.
- Identify and liaise with appropriate Technical Support groups to facilitate timely resolution of emergency issues.
- Ensure you have considered what other areas of the business may require exposure to faults and issues you may be working on for key partners and customers. e.g. Sales, Product Management, Development.
- Must possess a minimum of three years or equivalent Technical Support and/or IT exposure/experience
- Network Support experience with tangible on the job knowledge of LAN/WAN, TCP/IP & VoIP.
- Knowledge of Telephony, Voice Communications, and VoIP (SIP / H.323)
- Experience in one or more of the following would be an advantage, Contact Centre, VOIP PBX and IVR.
- Experience with Microsoft client and server systems (O/S, SQL, Exchange, IIS, Active directory).
- An ability to investigate and query SQL databases would be of benefit
- Any programming knowledge in a web-based environment would be of benefit.
- An understanding of Active Directory structures
- Creating Lab environments on physical and virtualised equipment
- The ability to work well in a team of skilled technical specialists but to also have the initiative to work alone and proactively manage workload.
- Interpersonal skills are important in developing relationships with other key engineering groups both internal and external to the business.
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbal to facilitate accurate and timely report generation and responses.
- Strong Customer Service Focus with the ability to listen, assess the situation and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnosis skills
- Knowledge in Networking / TCP IP protocols would be of benefit
- Microsoft certification would be of benefit and preferred
- Ability to travel on occasions both locally and internationally
MCSA/MCSE would be an advantage
MS SQL Server would be an advantage
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 + Benefits (Pension, Life, Health)