Web App / frontend Developer
Home based with office HQ North of London
Salary: £30-50,000 depending on the level of person
The client: A genuinely excellent work environment; an employee focused firm, that while now a well-established and highly successful company valued at £100m – it still has the feel of a young and vibrant start up software development business, with an informal work environment, a super office set up and a strong sense of community.
Our Client are an award winning employer and are the UK’s leading provider of hosted / cloud IVR, Speech Recognition, Contact Centre and PCI Payment solutions. They are the largest provider of such hosted services in the UK with the infrastructure and scalability to handle up to 8,000 calls simultaneously, which means that calls will always be answered no matter how unpredictable the circumstances. Their customers include a cinema chain, Transport for London, Comic Relief, O2 and the Ministry of Justice.
e provide website owners and e-tailers across the Globe with a range of business enhancing services that allows companies to interact in real time with their customers while they are on their website. Our intuitive solutions are cloud based so there is no intrusion into a customers’ IT environment. Our suite of Live Help and Customer Engagement Services consists of Web Chat, Instant Call-Back, Knowledge Base, Social Media Monitoring and Engagement, Full Workflow and Email Management offered in real time and accessible through one Omni-Channel Console.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Generate documentation and adhere to ISO working standards.
- Create rich graphical documents.
- Write secure client-side code (OWASP), develop prototypes quickly.
- Develop and automate internal reporting and monitoring mechanisms.
- Respond to QA and technical issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Be able to train out use of the interfaces to other members of staff/clients.
- Liaise with customers regarding projects and support issues.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Expert familiarity with PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign and other Adobe design tools.
- Successful candidate will need to be security checked by home office and therefore must have been a UK resident for at least 5 years – previous/current SC clearance would be of benefit.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Strong customer facing skills.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Comfortable with asynchronous network programming, server frameworks, fault tolerance and scalability.
- Familiarity with HTML, PHP, MySQL, NGINX, Apache setup and configuration.
- Familiarity with API Integrations, JSON/XML, SOAP etc.
- Experience with version control systems (GIT/SVN).
- Experience with social networking integration (Graph/Rest API).
- Exposure with linux server systems (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS) at command line.
- Exposure to Virtualization tools such as OpenVZ, Docker etc.
- Analytical thinking, ability ‘deconstruct’ problems and then understand how to make them work.
- Ability to organize time effectively oversee multiple concurrent projects.
- Highly motivated self-starter to join a dynamic team which is growing and evolving quickly.